To celebrate my 25th birthday and so you can get to know me a little better, here is a list of 25 facts about me. Do we have anything in common?
1. I was born and raised in Louisiana. I was born in Shreveport at Barksdale Air-force base (my dad’s an air traffic controller). I lived most of my life in little ‘ole Pineville, Louisiana and then went to college at LSU in Baton Rouge. I moved out of Louisiana to San Antonio, Texas about three years ago!
2. I went to almost every single LSU football home game during college (except the Thanksgiving games, because those don’t really count). I love spending a Saturday tailgating and rooting for those Tigers. The only game I missed was when my boyfriend tore his acl and wasn’t able to go to the game, so we sat and watched it in his apartment together.
3. I lived in Alaska when I was super young. I don’t remember much of it and have always wanted to go and visit again.
4. I’ve never broken a bone in my body – or even gotten stitches. It’s surprising since I’m such a klutz. The closest I’ve come to stitches was when I was working as a waitress. While restocking glasses, I dropped one and cut my hand. It looked a lot worse than it was and the clinic ended up gluing the cut together.
5. I learned how to read partly through the Bible. I would always pretend and make up the words, you know how kids do, but one day my mom noticed that I was actually reading the words!
6. My childhood dream job was becoming a school teacher. I would play “school” with my little brother but would just end up yelling at him, so decided it might not be the best choice for me (lol)! I did end up spending two years in the classroom with City Year as an AmeriCorps member though.
7. I started working my senior year of high school and my first job was at Dairy Queen. I was the one in the back making the Blizzards.
8. I am 5’2”. My nickname in college was “Shortney.”
9. I have a cute little Chihuahua mix named Piper. I got her my senior year of high school so she’s about 7 years old now. Feed her human food and she’ll love you forever.
10. I sold cookies to go on my first trip abroad. I was famous for my cookie sandwiches, two chocolate chip cookies with vanilla frosting in the middle, and sold them for $1. I totally had my whole high school hooked on them and made pretty good money too. I think I raised almost half the cost of the trip!
11. I was (still am?) OBSESSED with One Direction. 100% a Niall girl! My first every concert was a One Direction concert during my senior year of high school. My best friend and I sat in the nose bleeds and sang our little teenage hearts out.
12. I have a collection of snow globes. They are one of my go-to souvenirs and I try to get one from every country I visit! Sadly I don’t think I know how to take care of snow globes and a lot of them have lost some of their liquid or have gotten broken while moving.
13. I absolutely adore my nieces and nephews. I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews and they are my favorite people in the world. I love watching them grow and can’t wait to see what all they accomplish.
14. I love words and quotes and my favorite quote is “Not all those who wander are lost.” I’ve always felt the most like myself when I’m traveling and “wandering” and so this quote just speaks to me. Any time I see the quote on anything I feel like I HAVE to buy it even if it looks cliche af.
15. I’m always looking for new hobbies to try. I’m currently learning how to crochet. And last year I started to play the piano. I think my next hobby is going to be gardening!
16. I have one tattoo – but want many more! I got my first tattoo when I was 18. It’s an airplane to represent my love for travel.
17. I LOVE Canes and I get it almost every Friday. The founder of Canes is an LSU alum and the first original Canes is right next to the LSU campus. If you get slaw … not sure we can be friends. Also pro tip: get your bread BOBed (butter on both sides) – you can thank me later. 😉
18. My favorite animal is a monkey. I always thought it would be the coolest thing to own a little pygmy monkey when I was older.
19. I am definitely more of a night person than a morning person. It takes me foreverrr to wake up. My brain can barely function in the morning.
20. My 5 favorite TV shows of all-time are Smallville, Friends, Money Heist, Game of Thrones, and Gilmore Girls. I would watch each of these a million times over and are always my go-to recommendations.
21. Me and my boyfriend, Christian, have been dating for almost 6 years! We met freshman year at LSU because we stayed in the same dorms and were in the same friend group. At the first LSU home game we sat next to each other and it was just so fun talking to him. We started hanging out in between classes and the rest is basically history!
22. If I could change anything about myself I think it would be my eye color. I’ve always wanted green or blue eyes because I think they are just phenomenal with red hair. But nope I was blessed with brown eyes instead.
23. My favorite ice cream is cookie two step. It is absolutely the best of both worlds cookies and cream plus cookie dough. If you have not tried it yet, you NEED to!
24. My favorite video game is the Sims. I once bawled my eyes out because my Sim parents both died in a cooking fire and they took away my children, and I’m pretty sure I save the game because I was a dummy. But nowadays I just spend hours in build mode living out my home design dreams.
25. I am very multi-passionate (as you might can tell from this muti-topic blog). I have several things that I want to do and create and have never been very set on one career path. Life is always changing and I’m excited to see where it will take me.
And there you have it, 25 facts about me! Now that you know me a little better – let’s be friends? Comment below if we have anything in common!